welcome to valley driving school!
Whether you are obtaining your licence for the first time, improving your current skills or upgrading your licence, training with Valley Driving School will be a positive learning experience.
Detailed below is information you will find useful in preparing for your upcoming training.
Learner’s Licence: Be sure to have your Learner’s Licence with you, every lesson, every time.
Dress For Success:
Car: Comfortable and versatile closed-toe shoes are ideal; Sandals, heavy work boots or long pointed dress shoes could potentially make things more challenging. For the Accident Prevention Course (APC) come dressed for the elements as you may spend time outside of the vehicle; you may also want to bring money to purchase refreshments at the scheduled break.
Truck: Come prepared for the elements and layer your clothing as you will most likely spend time outside of the vehicle.
• Shoes: Closed-toe shoes and boots are ideal. Your footwear should be comfortable and versatile. Sandals, steel-toe boots and dress shoes are not recommended as they could potentially make things more difficult
• Attire: Wear clothes you don’t mind getting dirty; on-road lessons, pre-trips and mountain runs involve climbing under the vehicle and getting your hands dirty (gloves can also be useful).
Motorcycle: Courses run rain or shine. Make sure you are prepared for the elements.
• Shoes: Closed toe, above ankle boots/shoes; Steel-toe boots are not recommended, as it is difficult to feel the gears shift.
• Attire: Be sure to wear thick, full coverage clothing (long sleeves and pants). Water resistant pants and jackets are highly recommended during our fall and spring courses, as the weather is unpredictable. Layering your clothing is recommended for the elements.
• Gloves: Leather is recommended.
Pick-Up/Drop-Off Locations and Times: All lesson pick-up and drop-off locations can be scheduled according to your preference. In the case of traffic or other circumstances please allow our Instructors 15 minutes leeway either before or after the scheduled start time for pick-up. When meeting at our office for training, please check in with the office prior to your scheduled start time.
Classroom and Other Course Details: Please arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled start time to sign in on the first day of a classroom course. It is recommended to bring a lunch for full day courses, as there are few amenities within walking distance.
Road Test Bookings: We would prefer to schedule your road test to ensure your Instructor and training vehicle are available; however, you are free to schedule your own road test if you choose.
Rescheduling/Cancellations: Should you need to cancel an appointment, 2-business days notice is required for appointments less than 4 hours in duration. For all appointments 4 hours or longer in duration, road test appointments, and Accident Prevention Courses (APC), 5-business days notice is required.
ICBC Road Test Details and Fees: For more information on the ICBC requirements and fees when road testing, click here.
If you have any questions or require additional information, please contact us.